This recipe makes an amazing pizza dough too.
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 pkg active dry yeast
1⁄4 cupRosemary Garlic Seasoning
1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus more to brush Sheet Pan and dough
1 cup hot water
2 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
4 cups flour
cornmeal, to taste
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water and stir in yeast. Let sit 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, soften Rosemary Garlic Seasoning in olive oil and hot water. Let cool to lukewarm, then Salt and combine with yeast mixture. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time.
- On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth, approximately 4 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Using a basting brush, brush Sheet Pan with olive oil, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Roll out dough and transfer onto Sheet Pan. Generously brush with olive oil and let rise 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Drizzle dough with olive oil and sprinkle with Rosemary Garlic Seasoning and Sea Salt. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden.
Per serving: Calories 340, Fat 10 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 8 g.
Slice Focaccia into ‘fingers’ or small squares that are easy to pick up, dip, mop sauces, or munch plain.
Focaccia is also perfect for pizza crusts and paninis.
Gluten-free Tip: Swap flour for Epicure Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix or your favourite gluten-free flour.