Cranberry Orange Muffins
1 1⁄4 cups bran cereal
1 1⁄3 cups low-fat plain yogurt
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup 100% orange juice
1 cup honey
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lightly grease a Muffin Maker or Mini Loaf Pans.
- Combine cereal and yogurt in a medium mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, orange zest, orange juice, honey and oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients including berries. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin or loaf pans.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set and golden. Cool on rack.
Per serving: Calories 220, Fat 6 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 5 g.
Make mini loaves and serve toasted slices with tea.