Classic Waffles with Raspberry Sauce
1 pkg (10 oz/300g) frozen raspberries, thawed
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 recipe preparedClassic Waffles
1 cup dark or milk Belgian chocolate, or chocolate chips, melted – optional
- In a blender or food processor, purée frozen raspberries. Then, using a stainless steel sieve, remove seeds. Whisk in icing sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Place Waffle Mold on Sheet Pan. Using a basting brush, lightly brush Waffle Mold with oil.
- Pour approximately 1⁄4 cup of batter into each Waffle Mold until it fills all corners.
- Bake until golden, approximately 13–15 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes, or until Waffle Mold is cool to the touch. Gently remove waffles from Waffle Mold.
- Serve with Raspberry Sauce and a drizzle of melted Belgian chocolate, if desired.
Per serving (1 waffle): Calories 190, Fat 6 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 5 g.