Classic Roast Chicken
The ideal roast chicken – a wondrous aroma, golden-brown and gleaming, tender, and juicy.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with prepared Sage & Apple Stuffing, Savoury Herb Gravy and pre-cut, fresh, in-season vegetables cooked in a Rectangular Steamer for fewer pots on the stove!
3 lb whole chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Roast Chicken Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Place whole chicken in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Roast Chicken Seasoning.
- Roast for 90 minutes, basting occasionally, until juice runs clear. The breast temperature should read 180° F (82° C) and the thigh should read 190° F (88° C).
- Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Per serving: Calories 220, Fat 8 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 80 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 33 g.
Cook two chickens or a larger whole chicken if you want leftovers.