Chop Chop Salad
This chopped salad recipe may be light and healthy, but it's still packed with bold flavour and protein to satisfy you even in the dead of winter! Leftovers make a great lunch to put on repeat!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mix, olive oil, water, and mustard. Dressing will be thick.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; place in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp prepared dressing; stir to coat well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add chicken; pan fry 8 min, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Dice peppers.
- To assemble, combine chickpeas, peppers, corn, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add chicken and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle feta on top.
Per serving (about 3 cups): Calories 450, Fat 16 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g (Fibre 12 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 26 g.
Make it vegan: Swap honey mustard for Dijon mustard, swap chicken for 2 cups edamame, and omit the feta.
This recipe can be made ahead of time. Assemble all the salad ingredients but dress your salad only right before serving—this will help prevent soggy lettuce. Store dressing in a Prep Bowl until ready to serve.