Chocolate Nut Biscotti
Dark chocolate and nuts — perfect accompaniments to a rich cup of coffee!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
3 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp water
3⁄4 cup whole pistachios or almonds
- Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner and set aside.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to break up dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Whisk eggs with vanilla extract and water. Pour into dry ingredients and pulse until a rough dough results.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead in nuts. When dough is smooth, divide in half and form into logs approximately 12” long x 3” wide. Slightly flatten logs.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place biscotti on a cutting board and, using a serrated knife, slice on a slight angle. Return slices to Sheet Pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until biscotti are completely dry.
Per serving (1 biscotti): Calories 100, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 50 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 2 g.