Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy green salad and 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing.
3 cups uncooked scoobi do or rotini pasta
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) unsalted diced tomatoes
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) crushed tomatoes
2 tbspMarinara Sauce Mix
1 pickle, reduced sodium
2⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
3⁄4 cup shredded lettuce
- In Multipurpose Pot set over high heat, boil pasta until tender, 9–11 min.
- Meanwhile, crumble beef into Wok over medium-high heat. Use Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks, stirring until meat is cooked through, 4–5 min.
- Add diced tomatoes (including juice), crushed tomatoes, and sauce mix. Stir to combine. Allow the sauce to come to a boil. Partially cover; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5–8 min for flavours to blend.
- Chop pickle.
- Once cooked, drain pasta. Add to wok and stir to combine.
- Divide between six bowls. Top with cheese, pickles, and lettuce.
Per serving (about 1 1/3 cups): Calories 360, Fat 13 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 24 g.
Swap Marinara Sauce with Pesto Sauce.
Scoobi do pasta is also known as “cavatappi” and is shaped like a corkscrew.