Cha Cha Chili Pepper Boats
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Salad Dressing, your choice.
1 tsp oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef or chicken
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) no salt added kidney beans
1 pkg Cha Cha Chili Seasoning
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) no salt added diced tomatoes
1⁄2 cup water
4 large bell peppers
Toppings (optional): grated cheese, sour cream
- Heat oil in a large Multipurpose Pot over medium heat. Add beef and cook, using Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks, until beef is browned, 3–4 min. Drain excess fat.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans.
- Stir in seasoning, beans, tomatoes, and water. Simmer 12–15 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds. Arrange peppers in a Multipurpose Steamer; it’s OK if they overlap. Cover; microwave on high until tender, 4 min 30 sec. Stir halfway through cooking.
- To serve, place peppers on plates. Top with chili—they will be full! Add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 390, Fat 8 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g (Fibre 12 g, Sugars 15 g), Protein 34 g.
Swap ground meat for two cans (19 oz/540 ml each) of lentils. They’re cooked already, so simply heat in pan with a little oil or water, then continue with Step 2 in the recipe.