CCB Corn Spoon Bread
Light, fluffy, and oh-so-good straight from the oven!
2 cups milk
1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tbspCCB Dip Mix
2 cups fresh or frozen corn niblets
1 tbsp butter
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
4 large eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Combine first 6 ingredients in Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites (add a pinch of Sea Salt) until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Stir one quarter of beaten whites into cornmeal mixture, then gently fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Turn into a small buttered casserole dish or deep dish pie plate.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until puffy and golden. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 110, Fat 4.5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 6 g.