Feeling a little chilly? This creamy mild curried chicken is the ultimate comfort food for cold nights. Creamy, fragrant, and luxurious coconut milk and tomato-based curry with notes of cardamom, fennel, and coriander.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup steamed green beans or broccoli florets and 1 cup rice.
1 large onion
1 tbsp butter
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) light coconut milk
1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
2 lbs (900 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Dice onion. Place in Multipurpose or Round Steamer with butter and seasoning. Cover; microwave on high 2 min.
- Stir in coconut milk, tomatoes, and chicken. Cover; microwave on high 6–8 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from microwave and stir in yogurt.
- Dice onion. In Sauté Pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until softened.
- Add seasoning, coconut milk, and tomatoes; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Cube chicken; add to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 min or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve with rice, if desired.
Per serving (about ½ cup): Calories 200, Fat 8 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 25 g.
Make it vegetarian: Swap chicken with 4 cups chickpeas or 2 lbs (900 g) cubed firm tofu.