General Tao Lettuce Wraps
1⁄4 cup water
2 tbsp each soy sauce and ketchup
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1⁄4 cup corn starch
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 bell peppers, chopped
16 leaves butter or iceberg lettuce
1 each carrot and zucchini, julienned
- In a bowl, whisk together seasoning, water, soy sauce, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Toss chicken with corn starch.
- Preheat Wok over high heat, then swirl in oil; stir-fry chicken in batches until golden, about 5-8 min. Remove pieces as done; set aside.
- Add pepper to Wok; stir-fry 1 - 2 min. Return chicken to pan. Add sauce, stirring to coat.
- Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves; top with julienned veggies, serve warm.
Per serving: Calories 80, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 7 g.