Store-bought granola bars can be packed with sugar. Control your sugar intake by making these Bars easily at home.
1 cup quick oats
1⁄4 cup whole-wheat or gluten-free flour
1⁄4 cup chopped dried fruit, your choice
1⁄4 cup honey
1⁄4 cup nut butter, your choice
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Combine honey and nut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until smooth. Add applesauce.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir quickly until well-combined.
- Using basting brush, lightly brush a Rectangular Steamer with oil. Spread mixture evenly, pressing firmly to remove any air pockets.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2–3 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Use a sharp or serrated knife to cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Mix 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips straight into the recipe. Or, once you have cut the Bars, drizzle with melted dark chocolate!